Tuesday, December 15, 2015

"The Next Culture War Front."

"This is not primarily a culture war over political power. This is spiritual warfare, as the Soloway piece makes plain for those with eyes to see. A political response is necessary, but a political response alone is radically insufficient, in part because it’s nothing but a delaying action. This Weimar America madness has to run its course. We religious conservatives had all better do everything we can to protect our institutions and our families from it. It’s not going to be easy, but it’s not going to get any easier as the years go by, no matter who sits in the White House, and we had better prepare ourselves."
In addition to this article, I suggest that folks get a copy of Takedown: From Communists to Progressives, How the Left Has Sabotaged Family and Marriage by Paul Kengor.
Here's a two-part interview with Kengor about the book: The “Takedown” of Family and Marriage: V&V Q&A with Dr. Paul Kengor on his latest book
Part Two.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just don't get it.
Maybe I'm not in a church where they drill me enough on how I should think & feel.

But, my marriage is no less for the equal rights.
And my gay neighbors are decent and good neighbors.

No big deal to me or my kids or my neighbors...

Chiu ChunLing said...

I couldn't quite make out what "the next front" was supposed to be exactly.

I don't buy into the smug assertions of people who claim that the deterioration of marriage as a social institution doesn't hurt their marriage and kids. I don't just mean that the damage is real even if some people are too witless to perceive it, I mean that nobody is really that witless except by a determined act of willful ignorance. But I also don't see how this isn't ground that is already utterly lost and can only be reclaimed by total dissolution of our current civil order. That battle is over except for some shouting.

So the next front is...religious freedom? Already a forgone conclusion. There is nothing to be fought but a delaying action in the hope that the national government will collapse for economic reasons before making forced compliance with the homosexual agenda entirely pervasive. I'll fight a delaying action, if I must, but I won't call it a front. And I'd rather work on getting people to prepare for the economic collapse.

It seems to me that firearms ownership and other off-grid preparations are the culture war front we need to hold and advance right now. But I saw nothing about that so I'm still wondering what exactly the point of the article is.

Anonymous said...

Homosexual agenda? BS.
Calm down and think. Your willfully witless imperception of why others demand the same freedoms granted to you, twisted into a loss of your religious freedom, is nonsense.
Don't go looking for war, cultural or otherwise. Unintended consequences, you know.